venerdì 13 gennaio 2012

Charlotte Mouwens

Can you describe your work, Content of your work?
In my work I try it recognizable to alienate. I try to balance on the edge of the General and special. The dynamics of the painting itself, the material and colors are of great importance, but also the tension between the lines, surfaces, and the dynamics in the work are the basis for the resulting image.

What are you working on?
I am currently working on big collage's, all of which layers/skins of paper, rice paper, copy-sheets, etc. made Constructed from paper-mâché. To show the lively in the material itself and playing with the topics in layers.


What inspires you?
Cynicism, alienation, irony and humor have figuration and features my visual language.


What you hope to evoke from your viewer
I hope that the viewer can be include in the image and let his thoughts play.


How your work has grown and changed?
The collage's for me and hopefully also for the viewer are a different experience. 
I am more free in my collage’s than when I paint on canvas, maybe because of the frame.


Do you experiment with different materials a lot or do you prefer to work within certain parameters?
I make use of mixing and combining topics in the topic, creating a tension which is open to multiple interpretations. Fiction and reality walk through each other, the border lies with the viewer.


Can you tell me something about your residence at
Rijksakademie?
The Rijksakademie was a gift to my work experience, fine intense work, with many colleagues around you. But still I could not go completely free, perhaps it is by my two children that I had next to it. A baby in my Studio that had to be fed. Paintings that I wanted to paint, I think I wanted to much of myself. Now I give myself more freedom, fortunately.


Is there anything else you would like to add?
Each work belongs to the process and the recearch, that for myself asking for more.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento